The CIMPA-School "Data Science and Stochastic Optimization" was held in the City of Sciences in Tunisia between 16 May and 27 May 2022. The organizers of this scientific event are:
- Hédi Nabli, Professor at the University of Sfax – Tunisia, as coordinator
- Nikolaos Limnios, Professor at the University of Compiègne – France, as co-coordinator.
The CIMPA Scientific officer is Sophie Dabo, Professor at the University of Lille – France.
The topics of this school are varied:
- Kernel Methods for Data Science (Sophie Dabo & Abderrazek Karoui)
- Markov chains and Simulated Annealing Method (Hédi Nabli)
- Statistical methods for classification (Khalil Masmoudi & Afif Masmoudi)
- Controlled Markov Processes (Nikolaos Limnios)
- Some supervised classification methods for data science (Jean-François Dupuy)
- Bagging, Boosting, Model Combination, Deep Learning (Valérie Monbet)
- Particle swarm optimization (Sameh Kessentini)
The coordinators of the Summer School: Nikolaos Limnios and Hédi Nabli
Mornings were reserved for theoretical courses and afternoons for practical sessions (Python, R and Matlab), except Wednesday afternoon which was reserved for cultural visits. For more details, see https://www.cimpa2022.univ-sfax.tn/. At the end of this school, guided visits to the planetarium, the dinosaur center and many other centers of the “Cité des Sciences” took place.
The scientific committee received 111 applications from 18 countries and only 53 were accepted. All participants, organizers and speakers were entirely satisfied; the atmosphere was friendly and enjoyable. This scientific event was actually a very successful school in terms of mathematical developments, mathematical applications and also in terms of relationships.
The nine ICIAM Fellows are shown in the photograph: